Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I'm trying to download an app on my iPad. It asks for a

Customer Question

I'm trying to download an app on my iPad. It asks for a verification code, which I have received on my iPhone. But the keyboard doesn't appear and it doesn't allow me to enter the code.
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?
Customer: It's an iPad -- 2nd generation, I think.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: So far, I've just been giving up! I have rebooted the iPad recently and that hasn't seemed to make any difference.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the initial message I receive on my iPhone is to inform me that someone is logging in with my Apple ID on an iPad in NY, which is where I am visiting.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Sometimes, you have to tap the box multiple times for the keyboard to appear. If it still doesn't appear, press and hold the POWER and HOME buttons together until you see the Apple icon on your iPad then after the restart, try again to see if the keyboard option appears.

If the issue continues, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.