Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Apps load too slowly, Mac0s sierra, yes all updates have

Customer Question

Apps load too slowly
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Mac0s sierra
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes all updates have been installed
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not much , tried restarting etc and today ran disk utility
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This usually happens if the system files are corrupted or if there is any issue with the hard drive. It could be the hard drive that is failing that lead to slow read/write speed. So first, I'd recommend to backup all your important files to an external hard drive before doing any troubleshooting.

We can run Disk Utility and see if it works or not. Turn off your Mac by holding down Power button for 10seconds. Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys atsame time for 20 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilities screen. From there, click Disk Utility. Select your hard disk at left column(Macintosh HD or hard disk name). Click First Aid button and run it. Repair if asked.

Then restart from Apple menu. If that didn't work, then turn it off. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R keys at the same time for 5 seconds, then release the keys and immediately hold down Shift key for 20 seconds. Does it boot into desktop ? If so, restart normally.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.