Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I forgot my apple ID password, when i bought it last

Customer Question

i forgot my apple ID password
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: when i bought it last november
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: why is my ipad locked
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: im very frustrated
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Your iPad is locked because you've forgotten your Apple ID account password. Don't worry, I will help you with this.

Is your iPad showing something like this "This iPad is currently linked to an Apple ID ([email protected]****.com or n****@icloud.com, etc.) Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPad." If yes, what is the exact email address or part of the email address it is currently showing on your iPad's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, you can connect your iPad to your computer, and if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix your iPad directly through your computer for you. Otherwise, please answer the question about your iPad in my previous reply above.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,