Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a macbook pro version 10.7.5. i would like to

Customer Question

i have a macbook pro version 10.7.5. i would like to download quicken for mac 2017, but it operates on version 10.10. Can i upgrade?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Mac os x, mid 2012.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: there are no new updates to install
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i haven't. I just tried to find new software updates, and there aren't any.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The latest version is macOS 10.12 Sierra. Good News is, your Mac can handle it without any problems. To upgrade to Sierra, follow the steps below;

Click on the Apple icon and App Store. This will bring App Store. Click Updates tab. You will see macOS Sierra there with FREE UPGRADE button. Click Free Upgrade and enter your Apple ID and password.

or click here to download Sierra directly --> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-sierra/id1127487414?mt=12&ls=1

This will download the update. It may take a few hours to download. Once the download is completed, it will bring the OS X Installer. Follow the onscreen instructions to install it. It may take up to 3 hours to install the upgrade.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.