Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Just got a new air computer - Air Connecting it and not sure

Customer Question

just got a new air computer - Air Connecting it and not sure what to do with a heavy cord that was in the box. Also want to be sure I am connecting the printer into the correct spot. Last I had Macbook Pro and the connection fo power was much smaller so I used in your power supple It is a different shape and i want to be sure/ Called Apple Care but just got many.many advertisements. Could not get to a person Thanks
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: my Mac Pro is mid 1010 Serial number is ***** OS X E; Ca[itam Version 10.11.6
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I install every update that they rec. I just picked up this computer and they did not inform me of any problems. It is working .I just want to know WHERE to connect the attachments properly. Directions were not included
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

The cord inside of the box should be the power cord that would connected to charge your computer.

Take a look here for the manual that shows you everything about your computer: https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1533/en_US/macbook_13inch_mid2010_ug.pdf

If you have anymore questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.