Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

How can I reset my passcode on my Ipad? Not sure. I do know

Customer Question

How can I reset my passcode on my Ipad?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Not sure. I do know that on my computer I have the old Vista System, but I have an Iphone 5C that has IOS 9 I think. My son originally set it up on his laptop which took 2 days.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Where? On my computer an old Gateway or on my IPhone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I now have my IPad connected to my computer and I am trying to download the latest version of Itunes to try to reset it.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would either like to reset my passcode, if that's possible and change the settings on my IPAD so that it doesn't ask for a passcode every time I unlock it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

The only way to bypass the lock is to perform a factory reset..

1. From a computer, go to icloud.com/find.
  2. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID
  3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  4. Select the device you want to erase.
  5. Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Now you can restore from a backup.

If you have anymore questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for checking back with me Josh. I have not yet attempted this method to unlock my IPAD. I was considering that erasing it would be my best option. I will let you know how it worked. Thanks again for your tip!
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome!

Thank you for keeping me updated on the situation.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.