Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I am trying to set up my Apple TV and I can't get it to move

Customer Question

I am trying to set up my Apple TV and I can't get it to move to the option in English
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Um... I'm a tech dummy. How do I find that out?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: On my tv? We got a new internet provider recently. Is that what you mean?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I really am stupid when it comes to this. I apologize in advance :)
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can I find out what OS I am using?
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hold down the Home and Menu buttons together until the light on your device flashes. Your Apple TV will restart and you should be able to use your remote now to select the English option.

Are you able to select it now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, this did nothing. You better not be charging me $30 for that either!
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for replying back. Unfortunately, troubleshooting can take a couple of replies back and forth to complete the session. I responded back to you yesterday at 9:42pm and this is the first time that I have heard back from you since.

Please unplug the power from the Apple TV and wait 30 seconds. Plug it back in and try again

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know it's not your fault. We got tired of waiting and went to a movie. I have unplugged it several times. I'm just going to call Apple. I don't want to pay money to purchase the product then have to pay more to get it to work! I am so disappointed in Apple!
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I completely understand -- Please understand that I am not an Apple employee and only work on Apple issues so while you are upset with the products, I am only a technician.

Have a happy New Year!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I get it. Thank you so much. You have a happy new year, too!
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

You're welcome!

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.