Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

How do I attach an OWC Slim Deive to my Apple Air? The Slim

Customer Question

How do I attach an OWC Slim Deive to my Apple Air? The Slim drive came with a Y cable.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was told you sent a email to reset password. I did not get it . Even looked in spam
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 5 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Use the included USB “Y” cable to connect the OWC Slim optical drive to your computer. Plug the USB mini-B connector into the OWC Slim optical drive. When connecting the other end of the cable into the computer, make sure to use the USB standard-A connector that has two wires going into it. This is the connector that carries a data signal. The other USB standard-A connector is for supplying extra power. Depending on the power of the USB port on the computer, you may need to connect the second USB standard-A connector from

the included USB “Y” cable to another USB port on your computer. Alternatively, you can purchase a separate power supply, available at: http://eshop.macsales.com/search/OWCMOTGPWR

Regards

Jins