Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

On my iMac, both my safari and apple mail aren't working

Customer Question

On my iMac, both my safari and apple mail aren't working properly. Safari is just showing a blank page (but Firefox works just fine). Apple Mail is showing the message sending and subject, but no message body
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Several years... not an expert, but know if fairly well
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes - the MacOS Sierra
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Cleared all the history out of safari. Have restarted the computer a couple times.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I rather not have you remote onto my compter

It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. You can close it anytime. If you do not like it, please try the following yourself:

Go to System Preference > Network > Advanced > Proxies Tab

Unlock the lock if you have to.

Under "Select Protocol", uncheck any box if check marked.

Click "OK" then "Apply”. Then check the result. If not works, restart the system and check again.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just fixed my issue by pressing the shift key when I restarted my computer.

Didn't you change any proxy settings? Just pressing shift key fixed your problem?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I pressed & held the shift key until I saw the apple logo & that fixed it

Happy to know it is working. Wishing you a Happy New year. Remember us when you need any assistance again.

Regards

Jins