Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I had my Ipad stolen. I would like to lock it up so the

Customer Question

I had my Ipad stolen. I would like to lock it up so the thief cannot get in to it. How do I do this? I know I will never see the Ipad again, I just want to make getting my information on this difficult.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Sorry about the iPad. First of all, do you have a 4 digit or 6 digit passcode setup on it ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did not. I used this primarily for reading. I had some apps on the iPad but did not use this as my main device. I had my Kindle app as the primary one I used.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

If you have iCloud or Find My iPad activated on it then you can track it. On your PC, go to www.icloud.com

Then login with your Apple ID or iCloud account you used in your iPad. Click Find iPhone button. Then click All Devices, then select your iPad . This will show the iPad in the map. If you are unable to track it, then click Lost Mode in there. This will password ***** it and show custom message you want on it.

If it still not find it, then click Erase there. This will erase the iPad and deactivate it if it ever goes online. No one will ever able to use that iPad without you activate it again becuase it locks the hardware as well.

(Once it is erased, you need to provide your Apple ID and password ***** activate it again)

If you have not enabled the iCloud and Find My iPad option on it, then you will not be able to track it unfortunately.

It can't also be tracked if it is turned off. But it will be erased the moment it turn on (assuming it is connected to internet). Find my iPad option is your only hope now.

I'd also recommend to change your email password, AppStore password, Amazon account password ***** all other passwords you used on it. So the person who get the iPad will not be able access your emails or other things that require password.

If you've any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This will take me a few minutes. Will you still be available to help in a few minutes?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Yes, I will be here if you need any help. Take your time. No need to rush. Good luck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not seeing the "find iPhone" button. All I see is Contacts, Notes, Pages, Numbers, Keynotes, and Settings. Each of these has an icon with it
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

It looks like a radar. See here --> http://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/find-my-iphone-icloud-610x332.jpeg

or here is the direct link to Find iPhone page --> https://www.icloud.com/#find

Remember, you must login to the the same Apple ID or iCloud ID you used on your iPad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry but I am not seeing a radar. I am using the only apple ID information I am aware of. I have not done much in the iCloud because this was not my primary device.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Then you probably didn't have Find My iPad option enabled on it or you used a new id for iCloud ending with @icloud.com

See here --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204233

Without Find My iPad, you will not be able to track, lock or erase it. I'm sorry.

Since passcode is not enabled, then person who get it can also access your data. So I'd recommend to change your email password (if you tell me who your email provider is, I will send the link to change password)

You can change/reset your Apple ID password ***** here --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

Change Amazon password ***** here since you used Kindle on it --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201121280

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have now reset my passwords to both my iCloud and to my Amazon. What other areas do you think I need to reset and keep an eye on?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Your email password, that is very important