Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I am trying to backup my Mac, and have inserted the port,

Customer Question

I am trying to backup my Mac, and have inserted the port, but nothing happens. Someone did it for me the last time. Isn't the light supposed to blink? Also, the icon did not appear on my desktop, or maybe I don't know what it looks like.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 15 days ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Connect your external hard disk to the Mac. Then go to System Preferences > Time Machine and toggle the switch from "Off" to "On."

Then click the "Select Disk…" button to select the drive or volume you want to use for Time Machine(you need to select the connected external disk). Time Machine will ask you if you want to use the disk as your backup destination and will give you the option to encrypt the backups with a password.

Let Time Machine do its work.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I got to Select Disk, but the got "Airport unable to find wireless devices".
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Why is the external hard drive making a clicking sound now?

Is your hard disk corrupted ? Is it detecting on the computer ?

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins