Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have an iPhone 6 when using messages, the letters on the

Customer Question

I have an iPhone 6 when using messages, the letters on the keyboard are not showing up, they're blank, so I can't type
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?
Customer: the problem is with iPhone not with the computer
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not sure
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning the iPhone on and off several times
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 18 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the followings:

Solution #1:

- Have you tried to reboot the iPhone this way: On your iPhone, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Solution #2:

- Open Settings app icon, then tap on option Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is turned OFF, then check.

Solution #3:

- Open Settings app icon. Then scroll down, then tap on option General. Then scroll down, then tap on option Reset. Then option Reset All Settings, and confirm Reset, and check.

Solution #4:

; Some other solutions to try if needed:

- Go to Settings > Message > Turn Off Raise to Listen.

- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Turn Off Reachability.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Some more solutions to try as needed:

- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then tap on the orientation icon (the lock icon) to turn it on. (Set it to white.)

- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Turn On Button Shapes and check.

- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Turn On Zoom option and check. (And then if needed, turn Zoom option Off and check.)

- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > View > set to display mode Standard (instead of Zoomed) and check.

- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings > and confirm Reset.

- Go to Settings > Messages > iMessage > Turn off iMessage, then turn it back on.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,