Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

Second opinion] I just updated my mac and it gets me to the

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hi I just updated my mac and it gets me to the log in screen but when I put in my password ***** just has the loading icon and won't log inJA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?Customer: I've had it for years but I just updated it after a year or twoJA: Have you installed any updates recently?Customer: NoJA: What troubleshooting have you tried?Customer: Holding the shift while it boots upJA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to successfully boot using Safe Mode?

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.