Shefin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

FMy printer is paused and I can't resume it. El Capitan, no,

Customer Question

fMy printer is paused and I can't resume it.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: El Capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Many, that I found only, going to systems pref.-printer & scanner-open print queue, etc.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the copy button on my Canon printer is flashing and I cannot get it to stop, even when I try turning the printer off.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>