Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

My, i bought my daughter an iphone,but cannot put in her

Customer Question

my
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: i bought my daughter an iphone,but cannot put in her email account and it says it does not recognize her number help!!
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: just bought it two days ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: took it to the store where it was bought and he tried and said contact you
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it also said it does not recognize her phone number?? okay
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

I am not quite sure I have the answer to your question as yet, but I would advise you to either check with your daughter as to whether she has an Apple ID registered yet, or register her an Apple ID (if she is a minor child, I think you could perhaps do that - but I'm not sure, again) with her email address registered to it, and her phone #.

Is her phone # something special, a VoIP account, etc.? that might impede the process.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
she is a minor,why would that impede her connection,she used it on an android??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how do i register her phone?

Android phones do not use Apple IDs.

Apple IDs are basic to iPads and iPhones.

To create an Apple ID (and password ***** and also perhaps register her phone #) go to

• Open the Settings app.
  • Tap iCloud.
  • Tap Create a new Apple ID.
  • Enter a birth date.
  • Tap Next.
  • Enter your first and last name.
  • Tap Next.

and so forth. This can be done on the iPhone - unless it just isn't working at all, of course.

Does that go through OK?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that the answer I provided was helpful to the problem.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would best express appreciation of my work.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.