Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Just got my new iPhone 7. Activated it via instructions from

Customer Question

Just got my new iPhone 7. Activated it via instructions from Verizon... Then told old phone off and new phone on and following instruction to set up. When trying to sign in to iCloud it saays, could not sign in - Problem connecting to sever
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone 7?
Customer: the latest version, it downloaded that over wifi before it would let me go on. 10.2 i think?
JA: When did you purchase your iPhone 7? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 4 days ago. just got it last night in the mail and am now online troubleshooting this issue tried the reboot/reset holding power and volume down button
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Go to the Settings menu. From there, scroll down and select iCloud. You will be asked to login to your iCloud account – enter your Apple ID and password. Then you will have to verify the terms & conditions.

Please try to login using above steps first and then see if you are still getting that message

I checked the status of iclould server using below link and all are in green right now :-

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Also below work around has also helped many uses to get rid of this error message ;-

• Get the latest version of Find My Friends from iTunes
  • After installation, login and accept the terms & conditions.