Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Oh my gosh - i changed my password and forgot it.... just a

Customer Question

hi oh my gosh - i changed my password ***** forgot it.... just a couple hours ago.. so stupid... now my phone is disabled
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I only reset my password ***** my phone like a couple hours ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no not recently I don't think
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing I'm afraid to try anything because I was reading on the net that I'll lose everything...... so now I'm so upset
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No this is it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you are locked out and the iPhone is disabled, then your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer , which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users and that is the whole point of that security.

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. Do you want to continue ?