Robert
Robert, consultant
Experience:  many years in the computer consulting industry
23372949

I just received a message on my IPad that my husband gave me

Customer Question

I just received a message on my IPad that my husband gave me new several years ago. the message tells me that I need to activate this because it's owner has used Find My Iphone to lin k it to their Apple ID
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: I just reset it a few days ago. When I received this for Xmas I had Yahoo then changed to GMail. Have no idea what my password ***** with Yahoo now.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I'm sorry I'm not really up into all this. Why would I update my IPad?, How do I update it. It's been OK all these years.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It states to activate it by typing in the password ***** t___yahoo.com. My email for several years has been***@******.***. Haven't used yahoo for years.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is an Apple IPad, not Mac
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Robert replied 22 days ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I didn't realize when I gave my credit card that I wasn't talking to Apple support. I'm afraid this is a scam so would like my money refunded.
Expert:  Robert replied 22 days ago.

I think that i would not worry about it

rather than wanting the password ***** the yahoo account it probably wants the password ***** the apple id that uses the yahoo email as the apple id

most likely it was you yourself that accidentally hit something that started the find my ipad. but as it has your yahoo it would seem that it is being linked to your own account.

It is good to know that password

you can use this webpage to check that it is indeed your apple id and what exactly it is

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

or you can just cancel the activation if you don't want to use that feature anyway.

Expert:  Robert replied 22 days ago.

if that is helpful or you want my help and are willing to pay for it i would appreciate if you would give me a good rating

If you want a refund please email***@******.***

we have been written up in dozens of magazines and news shows and are rated by the better business bureau

we give refunds just for the asking.