Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

The Windows 10 computers are not recognizing the iPhone 6+

Customer Question

The Windows 10 computers are not recognizing the iPhone 6+ anymore. I submitted the issue via email and have a url to follow. That's what I was trying to do when you responded.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP E590T with the latest version on Windows 10 and an HP Pavilion notebook with the same OS. I am running IOS 10.2 o9n the iPhone plus. I was working but has stopped. The HP attachs and the iPhone is availoble on the devices list but no recognition in iTunes .
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just the autopmatic ones. I did notince after I had 10.2 installed that some other people on the blog were havign similar issues. I followed threcommended course, checking all the drivers, updates etc to no avail./
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything I know how. Reloaded IOS, reloaeded iTunes, brought itunes up with iphone already attached bot hot and cold.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. I am a high level user with a lto of computer background.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes that works with your computer.
  2. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC.
  3. Make sure that your device is turned on.
  4. If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust.
  5. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.
  6. Restart your computer and iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
  7. To see if your device needs service, try another computer. If you have the same issue again, contact Apple Support.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority.
Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am compensated for my time.
You can reply back at any time, even after rating, if you need additional assistance.

--------------------