Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a firewallhelpline-8.xyz message with a voice message

Customer Question

I have a firewallhelpline-8.xyz message with a voice message that won't go away! Saying my computer has been infected by malware.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Mac book pro OS X
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I believe it hasn't been that long it asked me to update
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: MacKeeper keeps pooping up too not pooping popping lol
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a SCAM message. DO NOT do anything that site says.

Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari.

Then hold down Shift key on your keyboard and open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data. On the drop down next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History. (If you see Reset Safari instead, click it and Reset Safari)

That will remove it. If you are not using Safari, then let me know what browser are you using and I will send instructions to clear it.

Also, download and scan your Mac with this AntiMalware application as it is possible that Mac is infected with some kind of malware --> https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Ashik. I wanted to thank you the troubleshooting worked. My other question is how do I change the browser home from Yahoo to Google?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
in Safari
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. You need to change the Search Engine, not browser as Safari is browser. Open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Preferences. Click on Search and change Yahoo to Google there

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, It's me Ashik again. I'm just following up with you to see how it is going. Is everything working ?