Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

I updated my phone and it now will not turn on without an ID

Customer Question

I updated my phone and it now will not turn on without an ID number and I do not have it. The only number I wrote down was 139728. Can you give me the number it requires or delete the need for a number to turn it on. I do not need one for the protection.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Mu phone number is(###) ###-####and I do not have a clue to what you are asking. I am on a Verizon account.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes-about an hour or so ago and everything went bad after the update
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything I tried to use wanted to call me and I do not think the phone will work because it requires a ID code number to turn it on and it is off.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want my phone to work without a pass code!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you can recover it at:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  Pete replied 28 days ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.