Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an IPhone 5s.I cannot remember my user or password. I

Customer Question

I have an IPhone 5s.I cannot remember my user or password. I don't seem to have written the info down anywhere. My husband bought both our phones at the same time What is your advice? He is away until Monday. His name is***** mine ***** *****.????
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I don't know that either.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes about two weeks ago, and lots changed including How I used to open the phone with my thumb print and that went away and I was unsuccessful in going to settings and trying to get my print to open it. mm
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None really, I am not savvy, I tried every variation of what I had written down which was our email for user and various aspects of the password.mm
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have lots of questions but right now I only want to find out how to open my phone. mm
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

The only solution is to reset the password ***** your iPhone which will cause you to lose all data (photos, files, ect...) currently on device. If you made a backup prior to losing the password, you should be able to restore that. please follow the steps below :

1-Download Itunes from : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2-Install itunes and plug in your iPhone to your pc

3-press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until the Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons

4-iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode you must restore this iPhone to continue

5-Press restore and wait, you iPhone will restart and you can use it

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Has everything worked out please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Do you still need help ?