Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.
When do you see this password? When turning it on and trying to access the home screen? ...or at another point?
The following procedure is a special firmware recovery mode (DFU). It will erase your Apple iPad, removing any passcodes, re-install the operating system, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).
Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:
(Mac users can run System Preferences > Software Update (or “Apple Store” for OS X 10.9 users) > Check now to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)
* Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple iPad directly to it
* Turn off the Apple iPad (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).
* Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds
* Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...
* iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.
Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.
If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.
If you receive misc errors when attempting to install/uninstall or sync after installation, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running.
I'm terribly sorry for the long delay in reply. I had an unexpected surgery and was out of commission for a few days.
If you do not have access to a computer, you will be unable to clear this forgotten password ***** yourself and would need to contact a local Apple Store or certified repair center to have them do it for you. If you'd like I could help you locate one in your area.