Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

10 times a day it stopps working for some time, somtimes you

10 times a day it stopps working for some time, somtimes you can move the cursor, somtimes even the rainbow circle does not turn, and after 5 min (or less) it continues
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: 10.12.1, Sierra
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I always keep all my applications up to date I had trouble with outlook
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I switched from outlook to iMail, and sptopped working with outlook completely
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I hat trouble with outlook, it did not synchronize my calendar any more, so I stopped working with outlook and went back to iMail

Hi there and welcome

Does this only happen in outlook? Ir it happens in many programs?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It happens in any program. I dont use outlook any more, sometimes safaristops for a while. It seams to be a operating system problem
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am in Germany, I can not enter my telephone number
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is 5:00 pm over here, I have to leave.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can we proceed maybe later or tomorrow?

yes, but when you return do the following please

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It still happens. I am afraid it has to do with my emails. I had 10,000 emails in my inbox and split it now into 2 smaller ones. But all tigether I have 230,000 emails in my folders, but all of them are something like 10,000 mails or less.
Hope the split helps.

ok, this is an incredible amount of emails and really at the limit of what it can handle.

I would suggest you create an archive for a lot of these.

Is this what you did with the split?