Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

I am gramma and have not been able to use my iphone for

Customer Question

I am gramma Pat and have not been able to use my iphone for weeks went to Verizon NO help there PLEASE help
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: do not know ...????? ios??? maybe???
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the phone says disabled...and was viewing hello in all languages..ugh
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just please please connect me to my phone as I have been locked in my home cause of illness and do not want to go out w/o my phone!!
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Do you have a computer/laptop with you ?

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

Let me know if you have any question or confusion in any of the above step.