Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I need to make an audio presentation for PPT in a class I'm

Customer Question

I need to make an audio presentation for PPT in a class I'm taking but the audio recording is not working. I was trying to figure out if my internal mic is dead.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Maverick 10.9.5
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I checked system preferences and the audio is set up ok. Also there is no dictation enabled. I'm not sure what else to do.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

I can see you have already checked the system preferences. If everything is okay there then please try below steps :-

1. Turn off the computer and then turn it back on.
  2. Press and hold the Command (⌘), Option, P and R buttons (all together) before the gray screen appears. Hold the buttons until the computer restarts and you hear the start-up sound again.
  3. Once done resetting the PRAM you will need to reconfigure the microphone settings.Using Sound Input option inside System Preference.

Please let me know if above solution helped you to fix your issue.