Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My i padis disabled tell me to get in touch wit i

Customer Question

my i padis disabled tell me to get in touch wit i tunes,model no a1566 serial no dmpnn3kg5w it will open that happened up dated when asked me pass code i used the one you sent 698980 hope you can help me thank you
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: guess i am a dummy don't know what you mean right now i'm on my pc
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes that when it asked for a pass code thats was when all the problems started
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ipad wont open as i said it saying is disabled connect to i tunes i just wont open that all happened when it asked me to up date befor that i had no prblem i did'nt need a pass code before
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes before the problem started i just use my e- mail to open my i-pad hope you can help mike
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you are locked out and the iPad is disabled, then your only option is erase the iPad from iCloud or force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Following are the two methods to fix it

Method 1 : Erase from iCloud

If you have iCloud enabled on it and also if your iPad is connected to WiFi/internet, then you can do the erase (restore) from iCloud - so you don't have to go through the restore steps.

On your computer, goto www.icloud.com

Login to your iCloud/Apple account. Click Find iPhone. Select your iPad under All Devices.Click Erase button and it will be erased (if it is connected to WiFi network). This will erase and restore your iPad . After that, setup your iPad .

If this didn't work,then please do the Method 2 following below;

Method 2 : Fix it using iTunes on your computer by putting the iPad to recovery/DFU mode

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while torestore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.