Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My wife I-Phone 6 plus is having difficulty with backing up

Customer Question

Hello, I am Mark Riddle. My wife I-Phone 6 plus is having difficulty with backing up pictures. I am not sure how to operate it. It gives errors -- the cloud is full. I also cannot get to email.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I use outlook
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not recently
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I called AT&T twice, they did not help.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if I should disconnect from the cloud and just back up straight from the phone. Or be given precise directions on how to use the cloud.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 14 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Re iCloud being full, you need to buy more iCloud space. Follow the steps below to buy more storage.

Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage. Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan. Choose a plan, then tap Buy and enter your Apple ID password. This will upgrade the plan and thus allow you to store more contents

(Also, If iCloud library is enabled then go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and enable "Optimize Device Storage". This will save phone storage)

Re your email issue, what happens when you access your email ?