Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an issue with MIDI recording tracks, wondering if its

Customer Question

i have an issue with MIDI recording tracks, wondering if its a glitch. anyone there to help?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 13 days ago.

To start with, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, if you could describe your recording process, what you are using for inputs, any special equipment, etc..

That would be helpful, thank you.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok so everything works fine sometimes, say I have 1 drum loop and 3 MIDI tracks. Then, one of them will stop working anytime but if I start the whole song over. If I try to pause and start the track won't come back. This happens randomly, after it worked before, and if I open a new project or re record track, I'll be able to hear it. One track even went silent if I played it from beginning. Is this a glitch? How do I fix?
Expert:  Dustin replied 13 days ago.

To begin to try and answer that, I need to know the version of Garage band you are using, and also the version of mac osx, and also how you are receiving the input for your tracks.

Please provide as much detail as possible, thank you.

Dustin S