Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Old mac book. can't upgrade past 10.7.5. It seems all my

Customer Question

old mac book. can't upgrade past 10.7.5. It seems all my browsers don't want to work in this setup help
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 13 days ago.

Go to the Apple Logo to About this Mac then System Info give me the serial number here.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
C07HF8AEDJD0
Expert:  Mike replied 11 days ago.

Yes you can upgrade to Sierra. First do this:

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.

When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 days ago.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Also please note we get paid the same no matter how long it takes to solve your issue, so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Expert:  Mike replied 7 days ago.

Do you need more help?