Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a Mac pro. I unknowingly downloaded malware called

Customer Question

I have a Mac pro. I unknowingly downloaded malware called MyWay. How do I uninstall it?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: moderate
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none so far
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 13 days ago.

Dear *****,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too, because JustAnswer is a A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text based chat instead, just let me know please.

Please reply at the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Text based chat please.
Expert:  Mike replied 13 days ago.

Go here and download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, open it put in your password ***** asked and select Scan:

http://tiny.cc/fixmalware

It will scan for malware and then give you the option to remove it. Then restart and run it again until you get no malware detected.

If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Expert:  Mike replied 11 days ago.

Did you try that?