Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

Now using updated itunes.... purchased 2 songs. now in my

Customer Question

now using updated itunes.... purchased 2 songs. now in my library, but cannot get them into my ipod nano. the "older" way immediately gave me the ability to sync with the ipod at the time of purchase.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: widows
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes the most recent
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. I can try and help you with your itunes music and ipod nano. Let em know when you are sitting at the computer and have your nano plugged in then we can proceed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
replied once 30 minutes ago. this is a strange set up . nano plugged in and waiting a long time
Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

Im sorry. Thats weird as I just got your reply right this minute. OK so once you plugged in your nano it tried to automatically sync correct? Would you like me to remote into your computer or continue to send instructions this way?

Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

What are the 2 songs that you are wanting on your nano? I can remote in if it helps or you can look for these 2 songs within your music library and we can and them "manually" to your nano.

Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

Basically what you can do is if you see these 2 songs in your library you can "drag" them on to your nano which should show up in the left side menu.

Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

plus once we get the songs on there, we can have it set to where it automatically syncs to your itunes again.

Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

Here is a walkthrough to add music manually to your nano

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593

Here is a link for setting up auto sync:

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12313?locale=en_US

If you are not comfortable doing this yourself, no worries I can remote in if you would like.

Let me know. If this helps consider rating my service. If needing further assistance just let me know.

Expert:  Jon replied 4 months ago.

Just wanted to check in on the status with your Nano auto-syncing and/or being able to copy over the songs you wanted.

If the documents I sent helped out in any way, please consider to rate my services. If not, please let me know how I can help.

Thanks for you time.