Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Suddenly after years of putting the photo thing from the

Customer Question

Suddenly after years of putting the photo thing from the camera into a card reader, plugged into a USB port and having the photos appear like magic on the desktop, the computer says "no scanner or camera detected"... yikes!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: OSX 10.6.8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I just installed something that was supposed to help image capture along with other things: MacOSXUpdateCombo10.2.5.dmg.bin a few minutes ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know... I tried inserting the usb into another port. and that didn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, you might tell this person that I am 75, and have a slightly slower ability to recognize terms and techniques... although I've been doing this for years, up until a few weeks ago, downloading the "chip" ??? is it called? right to the computer.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you yell me please exactly what you are connecting to the Mac? What this photo thing is please?