Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I cant empty my trash on my macbook pro. 10.11.5 0SX El

Customer Question

I cant empty my trash on my macbook pro.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: 10.11.5 0SX El Capitan
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I get this error message: The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.
(Error code -43)
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: googled and tried hitting option and shift option
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also tried highlighting some of the items in trash.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you move something to Trash from any external drive, network drive etc ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

We can force empty the Trash using an application. Go to this website and download this application --> https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/8214/trash-it

Open it and use it to empty the Trash.

If that didn't work, then we can delete old Trash database and create a new one. Go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Terminal. Then write the following commands exactly and press return

sudo rm -rfv ~/.Trash

This will force delete all files in Trash and trash database. Then enter this command and press return

mkdir -v ~/.Trash

That will fix the problem. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
turns out I didn't need the help after all. Thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hello there, Since you didn't need help, please contact***@******.*** to cancel the question and request refund.

Please don't rate me bad or poor or OK or anything if you are not satisfied. You can close this page without rating anything and ignore rating requests.

Best Regards,