tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.
62741268

I recently wiped my ipad surface with a cloth to clean

Customer Question

I recently wiped my ipad surface with a cloth to clean fingerprints. It was on but I had not signed in past the initial screen page. The screen has since gone blank and I can't bring anything up. I can tell it's coming on as it emits a glow. The screen is a dull grayish green color.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I'm not sure it is 16Gb and one of the original Ipads to come out. It has all the the upgrades to its system.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not recently
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none really there is no screen to type on. It's in a docking station so lots of random button pushing.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't believe so.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 17 days ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

This could be a glitch in the software and the iPad needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 20 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If it does not power on release the buttons after 20 seconds and then hold the power/sleep button only for 60 seconds then try holding both buttons again. Repeat the process a few times and then if it does not power on you will need to use your computer to restore the iPad.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Did that work for you?