Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Cannot open my IPhone 6. Asking me to enter passcode but

Customer Question

Cannot open my IPhone 6. Asking me to enter passcode but only screen shown is telephone dial screen. Says Press Home to Unlock - but cannot do this.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this first solution: ON your iPhone, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- Does it let you enter the passcode when after trying the above step?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Do you also have a windows or mac computer?

- If yes, do you have the iTunes program installed on your computer? Can you connect the iPhone to the computer, then open the iTunes program on the computer, and check?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, I do not have the iTunes program on my computer.

What's the error or message when entering your passcode?

What's the brand / model of your computer?

Can you download / install the iTunes program at the website below on your computer?

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix your iPhone issue directly through your computer for you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The only screen open is the telephone dial screen with numbers. No place to put password.
My computer is an Ienovo #10110

So you did the step below on your iPhone:

- On the iPhone, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit.

- When you touch a number, what happens?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tried holding the power and the home buttons and touched a number but nothing happened

When you hold both the Power and Home buttons for about 12 seconds, does the Apple logo appears on the screen or not?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
apple logo does appear. Just got a message - "IPhone is disabled. Wait one minute."

It looks like you have forgotten your passcode. You can connect your iPhone to your computer, then I can fix it directly for you.

- On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d5ca9baf-ead1-4224-b4c3-af37e7be1ac7
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't find the wire connection from my computer to my IPhone. Not sure of password ***** it is in my Contacts which I can't access. I think password ***** ***** variation of: DanRob danrob RobDan robdan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is this hopeless. What to do??

Do you have the charger for your iPhone? If yes, can you split out the cable and the power adapter of the iPhone's charger?

On your iPhone's charger, are you able to pull out the cable from the power adapter?

Please reply a the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
have charger. where does the cable connect to the computer? Looking for opening. Cannot find the right outlet on the computer. Is it possible that the IPhone6 won't connect - where should I be looking? Thanks so much for your help.
Can we do this???

You're very welcome. Is your Lenovo a Windows computer? Does your computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Do you see a USB port on your computer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just connected phone to computer!!

Great. Have you downloaded / installed the iTunes program at the Apple website below on your computer yet:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just installed
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
says IPhone disabled. Try again in one minute

Great. Please open the iTunes program on your computer. Thank you,

Does the iTunes program detect the iPhone?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please disconnect the iPhone from the computer for now. Please do the steps below:

Solution #1:

1. Click on the website below:

https://www.icloud.com/#find

2, then there, sign in your Apple ID account

3, then click on option All Devices at the top

4, then click on your iPhone device if shown

5, then does it find the current location of your iPhone? If yes, select the option Erase iPhone, and click on Erase to confirm for now.

6. Once that is done, the iPhone will let you set it up again. If it does not work, I will provide another solution.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try the followings:

1. Open iTunes program on your computer.
  2. Connect the iPhone to the computer.
  3. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  5. Click on option Restore... and confirm / continue.
    - Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now. Wait for the download to finish.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JY750KUmk

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 6 months ago.

How are you? It's been a few days. Do you still need help with your iPhone issue? And/or do you need help with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,