Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

Lost my SF Chronicle subscription for some reason. I've read

Customer Question

Lost my SF Chronicle subscription for some reason. I've read it nightly for years on my ipad
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: ipad mini (Apple) maybe 4 yrs old. Chronicle sent text saying my payment was refused. It's been on monthly auto pay for years. What now?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About two weeks. Don't know what to trouble shoot.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I moved about 6 months ago but email is same as is banking (payment) info. I changed mailing address months ago and have bben auto paying the entire time. Thanks.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you moved 6 months ago, then some of your banking info - the address - has changed for sure (unless you kept the same old address with your bank, and with the auto-billing also.)

Possibly your card from your bank or credit union, has also been re-issued sometime lately? if so, a new expiration date on the card would mess up auto-payments.

So, aside from the common-sense recourse of contacting the SF Chronicle's billing department by phone, and asking what is wrong, there is also going into your online account's stored information for the auto-payment and seeing whether

A. the address given there, matches the ones on your current banking statement (through the mail, if you still get those) for the account or card you use to pay with, and

B. seeing whether the expiration date for the card given there, is the same as the one on your current card.

If neither A. nor B. reveal any problem, then calling the SF Chronicle would be ideal at that point. Their number is ***** (###) ###-####or(###) ###-#### They are not currently open, but will be open at 6:30 PDT tomorrow morning.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.