Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I can not sign it on, You will have to excuse my lack of

Customer Question

I can not sign it on
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: You will have to excuse my lack of knowledge.I get the message activation lock.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no I turned my phone off while flying and can not get it back on. It ask for Apple ID and PW. I type in what I have written down and it says it is incorrect.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just entering my Apple id and pw
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password
Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.