IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Is flydigital a legitimate service? OSX version 10.9.5, no,

Customer Question

Is flydigital a legitimate service?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: OSX version 10.9.5
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My Mac froze -- I called a number on the screen and they said my system was corrupted.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 days ago.

I would like to inform you that FlyDigital is NOT a legitimate service, but in fact a scam service similar to the Indian scammers who call random people and inform them that they have viruses on their computer or that they have been hacked, which is untrue. They then demand a great amount of money to solve those "problems". These guys use e-mails instead. In case your Mac computer froze, just restart it and delete all e-mails from FlyDigital and do not reply to them.

There are many reports of FlyDigital scamming people. You can read about one incident here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7143387?start=0&tstart=0

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 days ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,