Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Ipad screen is black, shows power cord pointing upward,

Customer Question

Ipad screen is black, shows power cord pointing upward, white arrow above that and icon for iTunes above that. Locked on this. can"t get anywhere, have powered off, back on
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: I think is is latest update, 09
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have held power button and home button at same time for reboot have just powered off
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 17 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That screen indicates that the firmware/software of your iPad is corrupted. This usually happens if the iPad was interrupted during the update. Your need to restore the iPad software through iTunes application (from computer). Restoring will delete everything from iPad and put a fresh software but if you had backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad from your computer.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer. iTunes will ask you to update or restore your iPad . Try Update first. If that didn't work, then repeat the steps again and this time click Restore.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything like bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.