Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

My iPhone 6s plus went off last night while I was using it

Customer Question

my iPhone 6s plus went off last night while I was using it so thought it needed to be charged put it on charger and it still does not want to come on. the battery has not been holding a charge lately
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: ios 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no there was one that I needed to download but I didnt
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: ive called consumer celluler and they told me to hold down the button to turn it down for a while to see if it would come on but it does not even vibrate or anything it just died in the middle of me using it and it is still dead
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no only that i have a lot of important pictures that i do not want to lose if possible other than that that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

If you have your iPhone plugged into the charger, remove it for 20 seconds.

Then plug it back on for 5 minutes, while it is still plugged in press and hold the top button and home button down together at the same time.

Continue to hold the two buttons down for up to 1 minute or until the Apple logo appears. When it does let go and leave the phone charging until fully charge.

Let me know if this solution works for you. Reply back to me if it does or if you have any further questions. If the solution works please take the time to rate my service at the top and submit.