Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I've lost all my emails and contacts from Entourage.

Customer Question

HI I've lost all my emails and contacts from Entourage. Following this help page I've located Data Base and Mailing Lists in trash. How do I recover them?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Entourage in Office 2008 for Mac
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: A few months ago I had to download Yosemite/ El Capitan, wish I hadn't it's horrible.However I had this missing email thing before, always at this time of year. But after a bit all the thousands of emails came back over a few days. no sign of this happens at the moment.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Had to reset my email settings, they had gone. Have re established my email service but it's just gone off again
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: done that
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Am a humble computer user, not an expert
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you see the files in the Trash then close all programs

Open the Trash, select the files press Command + Delete on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can navigate to File > Put Back from the Menu Bar, or right-click and select Put Back from the drop down Menu.

This will return them to their original location

Then open Entourage and tell me if the mails have returned please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Whatever I try I get the Document can't be opened "because its in Trash". "Drag the item to open it". Where do I drag it to? It just bounces back. There are no options as you describe them, if there were I would have already found them. Not sure I want to try the Command+Delete option, are you sure this is correct?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

yes it is correct, so are the options in the menu.

But the file may be damaged, can you drag it to your desktop?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If you can fix and get all my mails and contacts back this yes that's fine to debit my account £33 but this is to be a one-off and not a direct debit going forward. Do you agree?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

It will depend on the issue if the emails can be returned, we would need to check this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your company has just charged me £34 as a member. I am not a member, you failed to tell me whether I would be charged for an answer that failed to fix my query. You can see this from the conversation that ended three weeks ago with a non reply from you. Please refund my £34 immediately and delete my bank details from your files.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You have already charged me £34!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there

For all payment questions, can you please contact customer service

Thanks