Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My phone did the ios update. I am now locked out. I tried my

Customer Question

my phone did the ios update. I am now locked out. I tried my password ***** times and it was refused. Then i asked for the id question. Asked for my birthday. i gave the correct date...and it was refused. I can't do the email re set because my phone is locked.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: maybe 2 months ago
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: the phone asked for permission to update. I clicked ok. i was given the signal that it was complete. I put in my user id and my password. I have low vision and sometimes make mistakes putting in password.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i asked for the question to verify my id. Asked for my birthday. I put in my birthday..correctly I know. It was refused
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not at my regular computer so I can't get my aol e mail. I can get my gmail email; however my user name is***@******.***
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 19 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean your iPhone is showing the aol email address (not the gmail email address)?

If you go to the aol.com website now, are you able to sign in your aol email address there?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

What's your gmail email address?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My phone came back on now. does that mean I'm ok? How can I check now to see why my password ***** birthdate were refuses

Great. Password ***** ***** Apple ID account password (not your email password.) Do you remember your exact Apple ID account password?

On your iPhone, can you go to Settings -> iTunes & App Store, then what is the email address it is showing there?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

Can you go to Settings -> iTunes & App Store, then tap on Apple ID (your email address), then tap on View Apple ID option, then can you enter your Apple ID account password ***** check?

Does it let you sign in? And/or does it let you reset the password ***** you are able to use your AOL email on your iPhone now?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

As long as your phone is working now, then you are fine, but you can also check all your Apple ID account information any time at the Apple website below:

https://appleid.apple.com

, there, sign in with your AOL email address and with your Apple ID account password. Use the forgot password ***** as needed.

- If needed, you can access your AOL email account at the AOL.com website:

http://www.aol.com

- Note: If you've also forgotten your AOL email account password, use the forgot password ***** there.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,