Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

My device is fine. I want to know how to access diacritical

Customer Question

My device is fine. I want to know how to access diacritical marks in order to write a foreign word
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: Yosemite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Actually, I have El capitan and I am up to date on my updates
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just don't know how I'm meant to do it
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 14 days ago.
  1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Keyboard, then click Input Sources.

2. Click Add , search for a language or input source, then select one or more input sources.

When you add an input source, the option to show the Input menu in the menu bar is automatically selected. The Input menu lets you quickly switch input sources as needed.

3. Click Add.

Switch between input sources

Choose an input source from the Input menu in the menu bar. If an input source is dimmed, the current app doesn’t support it.

You can also press Option-Command-Space bar to select the next input source in the menu, or Command-Space bar to select the previous input source.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.