Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a new iPhone 6plus and I need to recover my passcode.

Customer Question

JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: ios 9.5? i'm not sure.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no because the update pending includes transit system in Japan. I don't need that.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing. I have tried several passcodes but now even my touch id does not work.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing for now.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does the iPhone still prompt for a written/typed/"verbal" password? or will it only prompt for a touch ID for now?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
it is asking for typed passcode and the touch id does not work after 4 attempts to type a passcode.

OK.

You can get your iPhone back... but, it may require a force-erasure and then reloading data from a computer ?

Would you be willing to try that method?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can you just disable the passcode so I can use my phone. I am due at the hospital and I am running out of time.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Maybe it is better for me to go back to the store. I just got this phone the other day.

That cannot be done.

Please feel free to resume this case later, at any time, at:

http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/a15zd-new-iphone-6plus-need-recover-passcode.html