Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iPad won't turn on, 10, No, I held the home key and

Customer Question

My iPad won't turn on
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I held the home key and on-off key together
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also tried to charge it again. At one point the apple logo came on but not any longer. It's just black
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 16 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue,the only solution to solve this issue, is by restoring your iPad device which will cause you to lose all data (photos, files, ect...) currently on device. If you made a backup prior to losing the password, you should be able to restore that.

Here are the steps to restore the iPad :

1-Download Itunes from : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

2-Install itunes and plug in your iPad to your pc

3-press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake/power button at the same time for 45 seconds until the Apple logo appears, once that appears you can release the buttons

4-iTunes will give message iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode you must restore this iPad to continue

5-click restore if it does not go through click on the iPad in the left hand side of iTunes and click restore

6-restore iPad and now you should have your iPad back.

Additional Information : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shrc3FeCJEQ

Thank you

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have tried all that Aand the charging logo comes on for a few seconds. Aand then turns off It looks like it is not charging because it shows only red lines and no green
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 16 days ago.

Please Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No it doesn't work. Only the charging indicator comes on and then blinks off. And it does not look like it is gaining any charge
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 16 days ago.

Did you dropped the iPad please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I don't remember doing so
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Should I take it to an Apple Store?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 16 days ago.

Ok, it appears you have a bad screen. You will have to contact Apple by phone or totake it to an Apple store, They may replace your iPad screen.

Thank you