Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I want to show a slide show for Thanksgiving to the guests

Customer Question

I want to show a slide show for Thanksgiving to the guests for all the pictures from previous years. I have a apple tv device. I exported the slideshow to iTunes and it shows up on itunes as videos. how do I get it to play on my television?
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: sierras
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The apple tv doesnt seem to pick up the video from iTunes
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

On your Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Accounts > Home Sharing. On earlier models of Apple TV, go to Settings > Computers.Select Turn on Home Sharing.Then enter your Apple ID and password. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.Now you can use Home Sharing on your Apple TV:To find shared libraries, go to the main menu, select Computers, and choose a library.You can also view photos from your computer on your Apple TV: Open iTunes on your computer. Then go to File > Home Sharing > Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV. Try above steps and let me know if this fixed your problem. Once your problem is resolved then please provide your rating to me.