Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I upgraded my Mac 10.7.5 OS system to 10.12.1 and the next

Customer Question

I upgraded my Mac 10.7.5 OS system to 10.12.1 and the next time I tried to Skype somebody I received a note that it wouldn't work.
What do I need to do?
Thanks, ***** ***** Peter
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 16 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you tell me what the note said exactly in the message you are seeing here?

How are you accessing skype? Inside of an outlook program, downloaded from the web etc?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Skype Quit Unexpectedly....Dispatch queue.....termination reason:Namespace signal, code 0xb.....
The notice is quite long and I callot copy and paste it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We access Skype through Foxfire. We originally some few years ago downloaded from the web.

Okay, perfect.

Can you go to safari or another browser for me to narrow this down?

Log into your skype from there. And tell me if it comes up correctly. This will determine

our next steps.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I WENT TO SAFARI, INSTEAD OF FIREFOX, AND TRIED TO OPEN SKYPE. GOT THE SAME RESPONSE AND POPUP.

Lets fix your dns which is causing this error:

http://osxdaily.com/2015/12/05/change-dns-server-settings-mac-os-x/

On step 3, you ONLY want 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in that screen. Nothing else.

Shut down your mac and restart it and let me know what happens when you sign into skype.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I must have done something wrong as I couldn't remove the extra sites, in excess of the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, from the window. I will try again.

Try to use those too with them and see if it corrects first.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Isaac,My son came by and, after trying to correct the problem several times via your instructions, we simply set me up on a Skype Web Account.I thank you for your efforts but they simply didn't work here.John E. Peter
Expert:  Dustin replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dustin.

While a skype for web account will work. It will be missing your conversation history, and it isnt as reliable as far as making video and voice calls.

If you would like, I can connect to your mac without an additional charge, and fix the issue for you directly, with the skype desktop app.

You dont have to answer tonight as its getting late and my shift ends in 17 minutes.

But if you would like to fix the desktop app, let me know and we can schedule something tomorrow or later this week.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dustin,We do not have use for the "History" aspect as we do not go back to review. We simply contact our contacts, have a conversation, and delete.Thank you for yours and Isaac's efforts.John
Expert:  Dustin replied 13 days ago.

Hi John, the last bit of help I can offer you then, is the refund link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

I hope you will try out justanswer again in the future, and Happy Thanksgiving~