Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

You recovered my crashing Address Book application earlier

Customer Question

Mike: You recovered my crashing Address Book application earlier this month (still working!). I have been experiencing a similar problem with system preferences crashing. It is less of a concern, and if I am quick to make a system adjustment, often I can do so before it crashes, but I would like the problem to be eliminated. I’ll bet the cause is similar to what was crashing my Address Book. *************
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 18 days ago.

Hi, welcome to justanswer.com! My name is Mike.

I am going over your question and I will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Mike replied 18 days ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• Version ? (right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory
Expert:  Mike replied 18 days ago.

Sorry I don't remember that info...once I get that I can remote connect and fix this for you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
iMac 24-inch, Late 2006
233 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)
Additional Info: Problem has been isolated to System Preferences: Network
Expert:  Mike replied 18 days ago.

Ok Accept the offer and I will give you the link

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I just sent $23 via PayPal during the process of asking my question today. I can’t see paying an additional $32. But what happened when I was getting the iMac system info I noticed that there were 5 software updates pending. I installed 4 of them (iPhoto has a problem), and since then I have not been able to recreate the problem. It might have been fixed due to the security update I just installed, not sure, but since the problem seems to be gone, I will wait before any further action. Thanks, Mike. I know how to get in touch if I need you later, but I’m good right now. -Dale C.
Expert:  Mike replied 18 days ago.

I lowered the price I have to charge something for remote access. Let me know