Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iphone 6 has an I tunes icon. will not go to home screen,

Customer Question

my iphone 6 has an I tunes icon. will not go to home screen, will not accept any phone calls.
JA: What OS X (Operating System, e.g. Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) or iOS are you runninng?
Customer: not exactly sure. I think it was getting ready to do update and I interrupted it. That is my best guess.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried turning it off and it does not give me the option to slide and turn off. I pushed the home button and the side button at the same time. I also plugged it into my computer at work (not a mac) and it acts as if it is going to install some software, but then, it doesn't and says it cannot be done.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cannot think of anything
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 22 days ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is it showing iTunes logo and a cable ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 22 days ago.

Also, what version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac ? And what exact error are you getting ?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
it is showing that exact logo. I do not have a mac computer. only an iphone 6s
Expert:  Ashik replied 22 days ago.

That screen indicates that the firmware/software of your iPhone is corrupted because you have interrupted the update process. You shouldn't have done that. You have to force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes application (from computer) by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. Your iPhone is asking you to do this. If your work computer doesn't allow you to install apps, then you have to do this from a personal computer.

If you had backed up your iPhone to iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone from your computer.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer. iTunes will ask you to update or restore your iPhone. Try Update first. If that didn't work, then repeat the steps again and this time click Restore.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or until you are satisfied.

I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star rating. If you feel you've received anything less, please don't rate anything like bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied.